We currently have a need for a Buyer for our Elmira manufacturing facility. The Buyer is responsible to work proactively with vendors to achieve 100% on-time delivery of production parts requirements while continually meeting or exceeding cost and inventory targets as well as quality expectations. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated buyer who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic work environment and enjoys driving changes and generating new ideas. The ideal candidate comes from a manufacturing environment with expertise in purchasing steel and/or a variety of fastener components. This position provides opportunity to interact with both office and manufacturing staff in day-to-day activities.
In this role, you will:
- Release and negotiate direct purchases of materials utilizing ERP systems and shortage reports
- Work with the scheduling and manufacturing teams to ensure production requirements are maintained while limiting inventory levels
- Ensure continuity of supply while timely escalating constraints as appropriate
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all key suppliers and vendors
- Implement cost reduction strategies and maintain cost savings pipeline
- Management and implementation of all engineering change orders (ECO’s)
- Maintain ERP material system set-up, such as price, lead time, MOQ, preferred vendor
- Develop a good understanding of the products, the supply base and the associated technologies to stay ahead of the industry
- Work closely with the supplier quality team to ensure all suppliers meet quality expectations
You will possess:
- Solid negotiating and well-developed problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Materials Management Diploma or equivalent post-secondary education combined with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with Visual or other ERP software is required
- Registration in PMAC Professional Development Program a definite asset
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct & Ethics of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada
- Strong data management skills
Do you love wireless technology? We do. Are you passionate about supporting global wireless communications? We are.
We are Trylon. Trylon has been supplying innovative, cell site steel infrastructure, as well as site acquisition, engineering services, installation and technical services for wireless networks since the introduction of cellular technology in the early 1980s. As technology has evolved, we’ve continued to facilitate its expansion and accessibility, more recently with internet broadband, LTE and small-cell installations.
Sound interesting? How would you like to join our team?
If you thrive in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment and want to be part of a team that is committed to safety, respect, and innovation, we look forward to hearing from you! Check out Trylon at www.trylon.com and send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be located in Canada and legally eligible to work in Canada. Only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.
Trylon TSF Inc is a company dedicated to diversity, inclusion and accessibility in workplace. Please reach out to our recruitment team to discuss any accommodation needs that you may require during the hiring process.