We currently have a need for a Director of Construction Operations for our Field Services division. Located in our Calgary, Alberta office, the Director of Construction Services is an operational leader who thrives on working closely with their team to ensure project delivery in alignment with Corporate Objectives. Responsible for leading, developing, implementing and overseeing the Field Services operations to support the growth of the business. Translates our corporate vision into daily operational tactics that minimize short- and long-term risk.
- Competitive wages
- Medical and Dental plans
- Group RRSP program
- Opportunity for growth
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure projects across Western Canada are performed in alignment with schedule, cost and forecast objectives. Effectively manage projects by monitoring design, schedules, budgets and other project controls.
- Make certain our PM’s are executing projects in alignment with all processes and reporting requirements.
- Require that PM’s processes are consistently adhered to and are efficient in managing our projects to meet schedule and cost requirements.
- Ensure all work adheres to internal safety policies, procedures and systems as well as relevant provincial and federal safety legislation
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to branch offices and field teams to drive team performance and ensure engagement.
- Promote a proactive sales and business development culture at all regional branches
- Develop and implement systems and processes to ensure the success of projects, including cost control, schedule, quality and safety are properly measured and reported on.
- Monitor all project costing, branch operating results and use of company assets.
- Accessible, during on-site build schedule after hours and on weekends
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Relevant post-secondary education and ten years’ experience in Construction or Operations Management, in the Canadian Marketplace showing progression of increasing responsibility, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Detailed understanding of construction estimating and procurement process
- Understanding of financial controls of job performance
- Advanced skills in multi-project scheduling and resource allocation
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Commitment to safety
- High standards of personal accountability, integrity and ethics
- Experience utilizing Salesforce software an asset
- Proven leader who can inspire team members to succeed, exceed expectation and achieve goals
- Ability to establish credibility and trust and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize to meet company objectives
- Highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in project and change management both influencing the change and implementing initiatives.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity – Trylon is a company going through lots of changes. There is a need to be flexible and adapt to changes as they unfold.
- Travel between branch offices in Calgary AB and Langley BC will be frequent.
Candidate must be located in Canada, legally eligible to work in Canada and either relocating to area or located within commuting distance. This is a role with national accountability however the role is based in Calgary, Alberta.
Do you love wireless technology? We do. Are you passionate about supporting global wireless communications? We are.
We are Trylon. Trylon has been supplying innovative, cell site steel infrastructure solutions, as well as site acquisition, engineering services, civil works, installation, and technical services for wireless networks since the introduction of cellular technology in the early 1980s. As technology has evolved, we’ve continued to facilitate its expansion and accessibility, more recently with internet broadband, 5G and small-cell installations.
Sound interesting? How would you like to join our team?
We thank all applicants, but only those who are selected to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Trylon TSF Inc. is dedicated to diversity, inclusion and accessibility in the workplace. Please reach out to our recruitment team to discuss any accommodation needs that you may require during the hiring process.